This is the thirteenth part of a twelve-day series on my new year’s resolutions to become a better Mac admin. During these days my book “Packaging for Apple Administrators” is on sale! (Previous Post: “Join the Community”)
Bonus Day! There are many great conferences for Mac admins available right now: (dates are for 2017)
- Mac Admin & Developer Conference UK – London (Feb 7/8)
- MacDevOps:YVR – Vancouver, Canada (June 5/6)
- Apple WWDC – San Francisco (June?)
- Mac Admins Conference at Penn State – Pennsylvania (July 11–14)
- MacSysAdmin – Göteborg (Oct, no dates for 2017 yet)
- JamfNationUserConference – Minneapolis (Oct 24–26)
- MacTech Conference – Los Angeles (Nov 15–17)
- X World – Sydney (July, no dates for 2017 yet)
Of course these are great place to learn and watch sessions. Also to meet other admins from many different businesses and schools. Often many of the companies who make software for Mac Administration will have representatives at these conferences showing off their products and available for your questions.
Also these conferences give you a chance to share your knowledge. Most conferences will be very glad for speaker submissions.
Some of these conferences make the session videos and resources available after the conference, these are great resources to watch and learn, even when you do not have the time and money to travel.
(I am sure there are more that I missed, please add them in the comments!)
Also, there are many smaller Mac Admin meetings organised more regularly (or spontaneously) in local groups. The Slack Mac Admin forum can be a great place to find out about these meet-ups!