Back when I was a Server Sales Engineer I would make a weekly summary for other Field Engineers and customers on server and admin related news.
Thought I might try this tradition, again. Welcome to the first Scripting OS X Weekly News roundup!
- TidBits posted a great list of Mac and iOS Conferences in 2017
- Babo D posted how you can Disable iCloud and Desktop Sync with a profile in 10.12.4
- Apple bought the Workflow app. You can find a great summary of the news on MJTsai’s blog. Also a new entry level iPad, which actually slightly thicker than the previous model, and the base iPhone SE is bumped to 32GB.
- Jamf ships Casper Suite 9.98 with support for macOS 10.12.4, iOS 10.3 and tvOS (!) 10.2 features
- Parallels Desktop Lite on the Mac App Store
- Windows management tool Magnet is on Sale
- Darren Wallace explains how to configure Advanced Printing Options with Profiles
- MacAdmins Podcast, Episode 28: Canadian Conferences, DEP + InstallApplication = Great MDM Options
- Rich Trouton/Der Flounder: Disabling login to the root account by changing the root account’s user shell
- Graham Pugh: Run-Munki-Run: Another Simple Munki Test Environment based on Docker
- CasperSplash is now called SplashBuddy and Francois (ftiff) also published a new tool Tagit
On this Blog
I published my second book ‘Property Lists, Preferences and Profiles for Apple Adminstrators’! (PR3 for short) Get the details in the pre-sales announcement and download the book here!
I also posted an update to the Packaging book last week. It got a new cover to fit with PR3 and some internal changes and corrections. I also added an extra page with the version history for all the update details. If you have purchased the book already, iBooks should have notified you of the update. If you have been ignoring that red batch on the iBooks app, go check it out!
If you have the books and like them, please leave a review on iBooks store!
And then I continued with the articles on the Terminal and command line with a new post: [Terminal – the ’’ marks the spot.