Bit late today because of MacSysAdmin. Thanks again to the organizers and speakers. Such a great conference!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- The Apple of your EFI: Mac Firmware Security Research – Duo Labs
- Apple open-sourced the kernel of iOS and macOS for ARM processors – TechCrunch
- Zombie Apple Delusions – Monday Note
🔨Support and HowTos
- macOS Server 5.4 (High Sierra) – Charles Edge
- Supported host operating systems for VMware Fusion and VMware Fusion Pro
- How to enable remote REST API access for VMware Fusion 10 – virtuallyGhetto
- High Sierra AppleScriptObjC Bugs – Late Night Software
- Use Clipboard in Terminal Without a Mouse – The Mac Observer
- macOS Startup Modifier Keys – Charles Edge
- Robin Lauren: “TIP of the day: ^x+e will open your command line in $EDITOR Heard at #macsysadmin conf”
- Workflows for installing macOS – Amsys, David Acland
- Enable Automatic Certificate Renewals In High Sierra – Charles Edge
- Config Profiles on Cue – Richard Purves
- Encrypted APFS Volume’s Password Exposed as Hint – Michael Tsai (Apple’s Supplemental update below, fixes this)
♻️Updates and Releases
- Cultural Exchange with Sam Valencia – Mac Admins Podcast
- The State of Higher Ed with Chris Miller – Mac Admins Podcast
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!