Another week, another beta. We also have a date (September 12) for the iPhone Keynote. Everything looks to be ramping up for a September or early October release for macOS High Sierra and iOS 11. Fun times ahead!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- What will iOS and macOS be like in the future? – Jason Snell
- Why the Mac needs iCloud Backup – Dan Moren
- Happy 15th Birthday CCC! – Mike Bombich
- Screen sharing coming with iOS 11 – Six Colors
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Support Will End Oct 2017 – Marriot Library
- Reliability of macOS Sierra: scheduled and background activities – The Eclectic Light Company
- UEFI, 10.13/APFS, and You(r Imaging) – Allister Banks
🔨Support and HowTos
- Writing A Web App With Python – The Macintosh Guy
- Screenshot Secrets for macOS – Alexander Fox
- Building a Jamf Pro smart group containing High Sierra-incompatible Mac models – Rich Trouton
- Jamf Pro in a Virtual Box – Marriott Library
- Digita Security on Twitter: Undocumented softwareupdate flag –include-config-data can be used on Sierra to install timely updates to macOS security features
- Quick and dirty: Pull a list of all filevault encrypted users on a Mac – Charles Edge
- User Approved Kernel Extension Loading – Pike’s Universum
- dot_clean – Merge ._* files with corresponding native files — François Levaux-Tiffraeu
- Microsoft Office support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra –
♻️Updates and Releases
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!