These are the slides, links and notes for my presentation “The macOS School of Terminal Witchcraft and Wizardry” at MacADUK 2018 in London.
(Picture by dderuscha, thank you!)
You can find the entire Presentation as a Keynote document here.
You can see the session video here.
(MacAD.UK 2018 session playlist)
Terminal Keys and Commands Reference (two-page PDF)
- On Bash History Substitution
- Navigating the Terminal Prompt
- The ‘[’ Marks the Spot
- Terminal–Finder Interaction
- Case-insensitive Tab completion
- Terminal Primer: Part 3 – Special Characters
- Terminal and the Clipboard
- On hidden Files, especially Library
- The macOS open Command
- About bash_profile and bashrc on macOS
- Configuring bash with aliases and functions
- On Viewing man Pages
Also, check out the
bash section on free programming books.
- “Learning Unix for OS X: Going Deep With the Terminal and Shell” by Dave Taylor, Amazon US UK DE
- “Take Control of the Mac Command Line with Terminal” by Joe Kissell, iBooks, Amazon US UK DE
- “Classic Shell Scripting” by Arnold Robbins and Nelson H. F. Beebe, iBooks, Amazon US UK DE
- “Learning the bash Shell: Unix Shell Programming” by Cameron Newham, iBooks, Amazon US UK DE
- “bash Cookbook: Solutions and Examples for bash Users” by Carl Albing, JP Vossen, Cameron Newham, iBooks, Amazon US UK DE