Big Apple Event next week! Tuesday will certainly be interesting.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- Always good advice!
- High Sierra’s ‘Secure Kernel Extension Loading’ is Broken – Objective-See
- ‘JAMF and…’ at JNUC ‘17 — François Levaux-Tiffreau
- Apple says there was no security breach on developer site – Jim Dalrymple
- 2017 Hard Drive Reliability – Backblaze, Andy Klein
- The Google Drive app for PC and Mac is being shut down in March – The Verge, Chris Welch
- MDM Piracy by Default – Marriot Library, Sam Forester
🔨Support and HowTos
- Terminal Palettes – Curt Clifton
- OS X/iOS Entitlement DataBase – Jonathan Levin
- Using mdmclient on macOS – Charles Edge
- FSMonitor: Easily find what’s being modified on your file system — François Levaux-Tiffreau
- All About APFS – Jamf
- The Services That Run On Apple Servers – Charles Edge
♻️Updates and Releases
- DeployStudio Server 1.7.7
- Munki 3.1 Release Candidate 3
- FleetSmith: Announcing Custom Bash Scripts – Jesse Endahl
- Announcing the 1Password command-line tool public beta – AgileBits, Connor Hicks
- Open sourcing Airbnb’s Puppet module for Munki – Graham Gilbert
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!