High Sierra Golden Master candidate release today! Time to get that last minute testing in! Release date will be September 25.
Also Apple had their big event, showing the new Steve Jobs Theater at the Apple Park and the new iPhones and Apple Watches. The fact that macOS did not get a mention is not that unusual. The September event has always been for iPod/Music/iPhone. The iPads did not get a mention, either.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- Important High Sierra Changes for IT Admins – Adam C. Engst
- High Sierra’s Small Print – The Eclectic Light Company
- iTunes 12.7 ditches iOS App Store, app syncing – Dan Moren
- Face ID, Touch ID, No ID, PINs and Pragmatic Security – Troy Hunt
🔨Support and HowTos
- Alert: Apple requires action on September 19 for DEP to keep working | Enterprise iOS
- APFS preparation and macOS High Sierra – Rich Trouton
- Programatically Manage DNS In macOS Server – Charles Edge
- Enabling Kernel Extensions in High Sierra – Graham Gilbert
- Use Fission 2.4 to Save Custom iPhone Ringtones – Rogue Amoeba
- Get Ready for macOS High Sierra – Hugo Costa
- Demote Open Directory Servers Using The Command Line – Charles Edge
🍏Apple High Sierra
- Technical Note TN2459: User-Approved Kernel Extension Loading
- iTunes 12.7
- Also updated with High Sierra info (via Pepijn Bruienne):
♻️Updates and Releases
- LuLu(alpha): block any unknown outgoing connections, until approved by the user.
- Munki 3.1 Release Candidate 4
- Introducing Atom-IDE
- Casper Suite v9.101.0
- Sublime Text 3.0
- Winclone 6 and BootRunner 2 are High Sierra ready
- BBEdit 11.6.8 (BBEdit 12 is in beta)
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!