No big news this week, which is a nice change.
The first iPhone SDK dropped ten years ago this week. Craig Hockenberry wrote a wonderful retrospective which is worth reading.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
📰News and Opinion
🐞Bugs and Security
- Stuck in the past? Your time may get warped, too – Allister Banks
- Malicious Installer Plugins — Xor’d
- Tearing Apart the Undetected (OSX)Coldroot RAT – Objective-See
- Pepijn Bruienne: “Apple just updated the supplemental update for the iMac Pro, build number 17D2104.”
🔨Support and HowTos
- Get The Title Of An App From Apple App Store URLs – Charles Edge
- Recommendations for Optimizing Wifi for Apple Devices – EdTechChris
- Take Out the Trash: How to Clear Pending and Failed Commands in Jamf Pro 10 – EdTechChris
- Replace macOS Server Web Services with MAMP – Charles Edge
- Cable FengShui – Robin Laurén
- Some iTerm2 hacking – Tony Williams
🤖Scripting and Automation
- Bash: if, then, else, and expressions – Charles Edge
- Wrangling Unity in a lab environment – Neil Martin
♻️Updates and Releases
- Late Night Software: Script Debugger 7
- AutoPkg 1.0.4
I do not have any ads on my webpage or this newsletter. However, if you want to support me and this website, then please consider buying one (or both) of my books. (Imagine it’s like a subscription fee, but you also get one or two useful books on top!)
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!