iOS 12 release week! I already posted a list of relevant links for the iOS updates earlier this week.
Now, all MacAdmins are waiting for Monday, when macOS Mojave will be released. Well, most will alredy have the last version from the beta program installed. But, as with every other major release, it will be ‘interesting’ to see how well the beta testing holds up to ‘real world’ deployment.
Good luck, everybody!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
- Jamf Acquires NoMAD, the Leading Solution for Streamlining Mac Authentication and Account Management: Congratulations the NoMAD team!
On Scripting OS X
News and Opinion
- An Oral History of Apple’s Infinite Loop – Steven Levy, Wired
- Because dataJAR, Part Deux – macmule
- Apple introduces new data recovery process for Macs with T2 chip – Jordan Kahn, 9to5Mac
- Accessibility, privacy, and fun with Automator – Howard Oakley
- Managing Mojave’s privacy protection: Privacy controls – Howard Oakley
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Arek Dreyer:
“If you have two different versions of macOS installed on your Mac, guess which version of macOS Recovery you get when you shut down, power on, then press and hold Command-R? The version you set in Startup Disk (regardless of Startup Manager choice).”
Bugs and Security
- Updates to macOS security software data: what has happened? – Howard Oakley
- How XProtect now leaves Safari 12 open to Flash and other exploits – Howard Oakley
Support and HowTos
- Office AutoPkg Recipes – Anthony Reimer
- Updated visual summary of the Mac boot process – Howard Oakley
- How To Use Custom Configuration Profiles With Custom Attributes – SimpleMDM
- Diagnosing a Mac which can’t complete booting – Howard Oakley
- Phantom groups, MySQL queries and Jamf Pro 10.7 – Rich Trouton
- Notes On Google SafeBrowsing And Safari – Charles Edge
Scripting and Automation
- Per Olofsson:
“TIL: sort –version-sort”
- Uploading large packages (greater than 20GB) to Jamf Cloud – Neil Martin
- New and Updated AppleSupportArticle Recipes – Anthony Reimer
- Force a DEP sync..from your phone! – Zack McCauley
- Mobile device management settings for IT
- Privacy Preferences Policy Control
- Apple File System Reference (via Howard Oakley)
Updates and Releases
- CCC 5.1.5 is ready for macOS Mojave (also, Granting Full Disk Access to CCC)
- Munki v3.4 Release Candidate 1
- Jamf Pro 10.7.1
- Day 1 support for macOS 10.14 Mojave – Fleetsmith
- Interview with Dr. Howard Oakley of The Eclectic Light Company — Command-Control-Power
- Rich Trouton and the Tale of TCC – Mac Admins Podcast
- It’s not called Jamf Tomorrow, it’s called Jamf Now – Charles Edge
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!