Just a brief summary this week as I am still travelling through beautiful NZ. Just as a warning: next week’s letter may also be short and late.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
News and Opinion
- Mojave’s App Store is disconcerting (and how to do dates in software) – Howard Oakley
- 9 Hidden iPhone Features That Make Your Life Easier – Jason Snell
- Canada’s Corel is acquiring virtualization specialist Parallels in an all-cash deal – Ingrid Lunden, TechCrunch
- Apple Finally Lets Companies Self-B2B iOS Apps – Josh Wisenbaker
- “Alexa, play Bebe Rexha on Apple Music” – Amazon Blog
Bugs and Security
Support and HowTos
- In the beginning there was Sudo: macOS Terminal Skills – Neil Sperrings, Amsys
- Reset Printer Queue – DAM SAN
Scripting and Automation
- Backing up smart and static groups from Jamf Pro – Rich Trouton
- Set JAMF Pro Extension Attribute on Attachment – Sal Soghoian
- AppleScript and Keynote: Countdown Clock – Sal Soghoian
- Changing wallpaper on new users computer – Alex Usov
Updates and Releases
- Munki 3.5 Release Candidate 2
- SubEthaEdit 5 now available free of charge in the App Store and as direct download. The complete source code with history going back 15 years is also available under the MIT License.
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!