For my US readers: belated Happy 4th of July!
This is where you celebrate Jeff Goldblum hacking an alien mainframe with a PowerBook 5300, right?
Because of the US holiday week-end and, I presume, several MacAdmins ‘finishing’ their PSU conference presentations, news was slow this week.
Safe travels and lots of fun, networking, and learning to those going to PSU.
Everyone else, I hope you get to enjoy a wonderful summer week-end!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
On Scripting OS X
- Should you beta-test Catalina? – Howard Oakley
- micromdm: Support User Enrollment (That was quick!)
- Apple Releases Third Beta of macOS Catalina 10.15 (19A501i) Beta 3 – Mr. Macintosh
- Rosyna Keller: “Xcode 11.0b3 includes a major update to altool (used for notarization), altool 4.0, with some awesome new features.)” (Thread)
News and Opinion
MacAdmins on Twitter
- The Macalope: “It’s going to be fun hearing the people who said design was dead at Apple bemoan the loss of the person chiefly responsible for designing all the things they said were so poorly designed.”
Bugs and Security
- In-the-wild Mac malware kept busy in June—here’s a rundown, Dan Gooding, Ars Technica (Of course, as a subscriber to this newsletter, you are already aware.)
- CrescentCore Mac malware hides from security researchers – Ben Lovejoy, 9to5Mac
- Getting Root with Benign AppStore Apps – Csaba Fitzl, Objective-See’s Blog
Support and HowTos
- Juggling multiple Git identities – Benny Cornelissen
- Mozilla SSL Configuration Generator (via April King
- Managing macOS Mojave’s FileVault 2 with fdesetup – Rich Trouton
Scripting and Automation
Updates and Releases
- Pock 0.5.2: Display macOS Dock in Touch Bar
- Lingon X7
- SwiftDefaultApps: Replacement for RCDefaultApps, written in Swift
Just for Fun
- Dice by PCalc (I am actually off to GM my campaign right after posting this newsletter!)
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!