Update week! macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and the iOS 13.3.1 and other related updates dropped. And while the Catalina update seems to fix some things it also breaks others. Thanks to the all the contributors for the extra information that Apple does not provide.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
📰News and Opinion
- Last Week on My Mac: When more security subverts security – Howard Oakley
- The iPad Awkwardly Turns 10 – John Gruber, Daring Fireball
🐦MacAdmins on Twitter
- Sarah: “Well, it’s racked. Looks kind of funny next to an Xserve though. https://t.co/BnKwR499VI” (Images)
- Rosyna Keller: “Don’t use PackageMaker to make installer packages. It’s a long dead tool (2012 or so) and developers should switch to productbuild/pkgbuild*, which incorporate the command line utilization. It also can’t create signed packages. *Or is a third-party toool that scripts these. Installer packages are required to be signed to be notarized (so PackageMaker packages are out) and, as PackageMaker was a 32-bit app, it won’t run on Catalina. It’s that old.”
🔨Support and HowTos
- Uninstalling Adobe Flash Player – in a Flash! – Neil Martin
- macOS Catalina – Secure Tokens part 3: Flowchart – Frederick Abeloos
- Digicert PKI integration in Jamf Pro – Frederick Abeloos
- Boot to Internet Recovery, Recovery Partition or Diagnostics from macOS – Mr Macintosh
- A Guide to Catalina’s Privacy Protection: 4 tccutil – Howard Oakley
- Jamf Pro Extension Attribute – Bootstrap – Frederick Abeloos
- What’s this new AppleInternal folder then? – Howard Oakley
🤖Scripting and Automation
🏝macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and iOS 13.3.1
- macOS Catalina 10.15.3
- About the security content of macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Security Update 2020–001 Mojave, Security Update 2020–001 High Sierra
- iOS 13.3.1
- iPadOS 13.3.1
- watchOS 6.1.2
- MacOS Security Updates – Mojave 2020–001 & High Sierra 2020–001 – Mr Macintosh
- What’s New in the macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Update (19D76)?
- Catalina 10.15.3 Update Breaks AD Domain Users Admin & sudo Access – Mr Macintosh
♻️Updates and Releases
🎈Just for Fun
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!