Even though it is a long week-end here this news summary still delivers!
Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates and I hope you get a bit of a reprieve this week-end either way.
(Sponsor: vast limits)
uberAgent: application usage monitoring
uberAgent is an innovative user experience monitoring product for macOS and Windows. uberAgent’s highlights include detailed information about application performance, network reliability drill-downs, application usage metering, browser performance, and web app metrics. Try for yourself and get your free 100 user community license at uberagent.com.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
News and Opinion
- An Open Letter from the CEO of Puppet: Puppet + Perforce – Puppet Blog (Puppet does not have much footprint in Mac management any more, but it used to)
- Tim Cook Attacks Sideloading in Privacy Keynote – Michael Tsai
MacAdmins on Social
- Matt Godden: “If you’re using macOS HighSierra or Sierra, iCloud has stopped working / can’t log in, and you can’t access icloud.com in Safari – here’s a solution: Install the Apple IST CA 2 – G1 certificate, and everything will work again.” (via Michael Tsai)
Security and Privacy
- First Malware Targeting AWS Lambda Serverless Platform Discovered – Ravie Lakshmanan, Hacker News
- “Your AppIe lD has been locked” spam email takes you on a website mystery tour – Christopher Boyd, Malwarebytes Labs
Support and HowTos
- Customizing MunkiReport: Dashboards – DAM SAN
- The kernel and extensions 1: To Mojave – Howard Oakley
- The kernel and extensions 2: Secure Boot – Howard Oakley
- What Success Looks Like For You – Pam Lefkowitz JumpCloud
- Presenting with an iPad – Robin Laurén
- Guide for Apple IT: Zero-Touch Deployment for Mac – Kandji Blog
Scripting and Automation
- Non-Apple Daemon Services – Nate Felton
- Making a custom Nudge launch agent – Alan Siu
- Launching Scripts #1: From Terminal – Scripting OS X
- On env Shebangs – Scripting OS X
Updates and Releases
- MacOS Malware: Myth vs. Truth – Threatpost Podcast
- Where device management meets device security – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
- Ed Marczak – Santa is not corporate malware – MacDevOpsYVR
- Customer Success with Laurence Leong – Jamf After Dark
- Why data protection and privacy are not the same, and why that matters – Lock and Code, Malwarebytes Labs
- Got Fiber? – Command-Control-Power
- Apple in the Enterprise: A 2022 Report Card – Mac Admins Podcast
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!