Another busy summer week. mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and iOS 10.3.3 dropped (along with watchOS and tvOS updates). 10.12.6 unifies the build for the new iMacs and MacBooks Pro. These are expected to be the final updates for Sierra and iOS 10.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- Apple previews new emoji coming later this year
- Automation of Adobe Creative Cloud Packages
- Securing your Mac fleet: Two things you should do right now
🔨Support and HowTos
- Script to install macOS High Sierra DP–3 (17A306f)
- Fixing iCloud Keychains, and backing them up
- Using The WordPress API – Charles Edge
- How To Disable Photos AutoLaunch On An Apple Mac.
- Generating printer configurations using payload-free_package_printer_generator.sh – Rich Trouton
- Close Encounters of the Proxy Kind – Richard Purves
- Technical Note TN2459: Secure Kernel Extension Loading
- Apple 184.108.40.206/8 Services Redux – Richard Purves
PSU Mac Admin Conference Presentation Slides
I re-included last week’s links as well.
- PSU Mac Shoutouts – Patrick Fergus
- Fighting With Physics: A Wi-Fi Workshop – Tom Bridge
- Munki Mistakes Made Right – Tom Bridge
- Storing our digital lives: Mac filesystems from MFS to APFS – Rich Trouton
- Mac Smart Cards – Richard Purves
- Turbocharge your Scripting with PyObjC – Greg Neagle
- Penn State MacAdmins Conference music playlists – Rich Trouton
♻️Updates and Releases
- Malwarebytes 3.0 for Mac Beta
- VMware Fusion Tech Preview 2017
- Transmit 5
- Carrot Weather 4 (iOS)
- macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Update
- macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Security Content
- Security content of iOS 10.3.3
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!