Welcome all the new readers and subscribers. My post summarizing High Sierra News for Admins certainly caused some extra traffic. Yesterday was the busiest day on this website ever, beating even the book launches by a good margin.
I will repeat some of the links from the High Sierra post here, so they don’t drown completely in that long list. A huge thank you to everyone in the MacAdmin community who share their time and knowledge, so we can all be better admins.
Next week, I will be attending and speaking at MacSysAdmin in Göteborg. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone there (again and for the first time). Feel free to say “Hi!” and introduce yourself.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- Looking for MacADUK 2018 Speakers
- Sierra’s unified log evolves: more persistent, and a valuable log log – The Eclectic Light Company
- AutoCasperNBI & AutoImagrNBI 1.4.0, High Sierra Compatible & Sadness
- APFS – A Backup Software Developer’s Perspective – MacDaddy
- Science confirmed: text replacements do not sync|MacStadium (Interesting follow-up to this on Daring Fireball:
Update: iCloud Text Replacements Are Moving to CloudKit Soon)
- What’s new with Microsoft Intune and System Center Configuration Manager
- Jamf to Provide an Integrated Solution to Protect Corporate Data in Collaboration with Microsoft EMS
🔨Support and HowTos
- Krypted.com has a seemingly endless stream of new articles on High Sierra and macOS Server 5.4. Read this one first:
Before You Upgrade to macOS Server 5.4 on High Sierra (macOS 10.13) then catch up with the rest. (amazing work, thank you, Charles!)
- SplashBuddy is ready for High Sierra, but…
- Restoring from a snapshot with APFS — Francois Levaux-Tiffreau
- Some stuff about Install macOS High Sierra.app – Greg Neagle
- Using the macOS High Sierra OS installer’s startosinstall tool to avoid APFS conversion – Rich Trouton
- Erik Gomez on Twitter: “#macadmins – I got tired of waiting for Apple to make a DEP status page so I made my own.”
- iTunes 12.7 Postinstall Action Script Issue – Richard Glaser, Marriot Library
- High Sierra FV Conversion Failure – Greg Neagle
- How to switch between Windows and macOS in macOS High Sierra
- iOS Deployment Reference
- macOS Deployment Reference
- Configuration Profile Reference
- About Mobile Device Management
♻️Updates and Releases
- AutoPkg 1.0.3
- iTerm2 3.1.1: fixes critical security issue
- AutoDMG 1.8
- VMware Fusion 10
- macOS Server 5.4
- Edovia Screens 4.5.1 for iOS
- Prompt 2.6
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!