After a few weeks of many updates, things are quieting down a bit. You can tell because this newsletter has less on the news and updates sections and more in the how to. People are figuring out how to make the new updates work and are sharing their findings.
As always, many thanks to all those who document and share.
Congratulations, Rich! You are truly an inspiration to us all. Thank you!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
#! On Scripting OS X
📰News and Opinion
- MDM and the Kextpocalypse 2 – Richard Purves
- Blinded me with Silence: Adobe and the End of the Dolby License – foigus’ Notes
- Show Off the Inside of Your iPhone X with These Wallpapers – iFixit
🔨Support and HowTos
- APFS snapshots can be restored in normal macOS 10.13 environment – Owen Pragel on Twitter
- Unlock or decrypt an encrypted APFS boot drive from the command line – Trouton
- Branding Self Service 10 – Mod Titan
- MDM Configuration Profile variable Reference – Darren Wallace, Amsys
- Check the EFI Version of a Mac with Osquery – Victor Vrantchan
- Setting the default sound device automatically – Sound Mac Guy
- Determining Creative Cloud for Enterprise Serial Number Expiration Dates – foigus’ Notes
- Stop everything! Start using Pipenv! – bryson3Gps
- Log Rotation – Mac Admin Cheats Guide – Richard Purves
- Setting Up A Cloud Server – The Macintosh Guy
- Adding installer package code-signing to AutoPkg workflows – Rich Trouton
♻️Updates and Releases
- Adobe Creative Cloud 3.1: “Browse and work with your Creative Cloud files using Apple’s new Files app.”
- SuperDuper 3.0: with “full High Sierra HFS+ and APFS support”
To support Scripting OS X, consider buying one (or both) of my books. Thank you!
If you have already bought and read the books, please leave a review on the iBooks Store. Reviews are important to help new potential readers make the purchase decision. Thank you (again)!