There seems to be some “conference hangover” this week. Or maybe it was because I was distracted by the Jamf 400 course I attended.
So enjoy the quiet week. If you think I missed anything important, send it to me and I will include it next week!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
News and Opinion
- Busting 7 myths (lies) about Mojave – Howard Oakley
- Wi-Fi Switches from Obscure Protocol Names to Simple Generation Numbers – Glenn Fleischman, TidBITS
- Jamf announces support for new Google Cloud secure LDAP service – Joe Bloom, Jamf
See all the session videos and get the slides on the MacSysAdmin page. (free registration required)
- Mucking about with Mojave – Ben Toms
- Riding Your Next Mac Admin Wave – Tim Sutton
- Getting Started with Amazon Web Services – Rich Trouton
- Imaging is Dead: What Now? – Greg Neagle
- Swift for Apple Admins – Armin Briegel
- Replacing macOS Server – Charles Edge
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Guilherme Rambo:
“Xcode 10.1 beta 2… ” (Image)
Support and HowTos
- SMS Text Message Login Codes Autofill in iOS 12 and Mojave, But Remain Insecure – Glenn Fleischman, TidBITS
- authorizationdb Defaults in macOS 10.14 – Charles Edge
- How to Use Apple News in Mojave Regardless of Where You Live – Adam Engest, TidBITS
- On DEP, MDM, device identity, and authentication – Jesse Endahl, Fleetsmith
- macOS Mojave & Screen Sharing changes – Ben Toms
- Performing an Erase and Install of Mojave with jamJAR – Daz Wallace
- Building an SAP GUI installer for macOS – Rich Trouton
- Java 8 Update 181 LDAP Changes & Jamf Pro Connectivity – Ben Toms
Scripting and Automation
- Mojave, Grace Hopper, iOS 12 and more! – Mac Admins Podcast
- macOS 10.14 And The Privacy Preferences Payload – Jamf After Dark
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!