Somewhat delayed summery this week-end again. Quiet week while nearly everybody was at JNUC having fun.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
On Scripting OS X
News and Opinion
- New online training available for Jamf Pro subscription customers – Jeremy Dahlen, Jamf Blog
- ScheduleOSUpdate: Hitting a Moving Target – Frank Yang, Fleetsmith Blog
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Julia Evans: “New zine: Oh shit, git! It’s based on ohshitgit.com and it tells you how to get out of git messes. By me and the amazing @ksylor.”
Support and HowTos
- Oracle Java JDK, OpenJDK, Java 11 and macOS – Richt Trouton
- Disable macOS Upgrade Notifications – Graham Pugh
- AutoCasperNBI & AutoImagrNBI 1.5.0 – the final major updates – Ben Toms
- The AutoPkg Series – Anthony Reimer
- Blocking minor major macOS upgrades – DAM SAN
- On-Prem Jamf Pro Customers Upgrading to 10.7.x or 10.8.x
- Prepare Windows with Sysprep in a Virtual Machine – Tim Perfitt
- The Ping That Makes a Sound – Mattias Geniar
- Migrate Windows 10 to an External Drive – Tim Perfitt
- No Entry: access controls in Mojave – Howard Oakley
Updates and Releases
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!