I have pushed an update for the “Moving to zsh” book.
Just a few changes and fixes that have accumulated over the past two weeks. Much of this has been from feedback of readers. Thanks to everyone who sent in their notes.
The update is free if you have already purchased the book. You should get a notification from the Books application to update. (On macOS, I have seen that it can help to delete the local download of the book to force the update.)
If you are enjoying the book, please rate it on the Books store, or (even better) leave a review. These really help, thank you!
Also, please recommend the book to friends, co-workers, and anyone else (not just MacAdmins) who might be facing the zsh transition as they upgrade to Catalina.
The changes in v3 are listed here. This list is also in the ‘Version History’ section in the book. There, you will get links to the relevant section of the book, so you can find the changes quickly.
- Added a section explaining how to work with upper- or lower-case strings in zsh scripts
- Added a section explaining the differences in the
- Clarified the section on Connected Variables
- Fixed file names in the table for Configuration Files and added a note for how to use configuration files with python environments
- As usual, several typos and clarifications (Thanks to many readers)