Somewhat quiet week on the Apple Admin side. I think 10.15.3 is now the point where many MacAdmins are busy rolling out Catalina, or at least seriously preparing for it.
If you believe I missed something, let me know!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
On Scripting OS X
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Erik Gomez: “5 hours later it’s dominating 9,000+ upgrades in a week, 3,000+ today alone (we deployed to 100% of the company today) ” (Follow link for diagrams)
Bugs and Security
- Guide for Apple IT: Threat Detection and Apple’s New EndpointSecurity Framework – Kandji Team
- Malwarebytes Labs releases 2020 State of Malware Report – Malwarebytes Labs
- Sleazy adware targets Mac users–and Apple steps up its game – Jason Snell, Six Colors
Support and HowTos
- How to exclude VCSA UI/CLI Installer from MacOS Catalina Security Gatekeeper? – William Lam, Virtually Ghetto
- Private Data in Unified Logging 10.15 – Bob Gendler
- Deploying Photo Mechanic 6 with Munki – Kevin M. Cox
- 10.15.3 Combo & Security Updates are not Creating Backup Snapshots – Mr Macintosh
- Bootstrap and ‘Lock primary account info’ – Frederick Abeloos
- 10.15.3 Update Erases /var/log Files – System, Custom & Vendor Logs – Mr Macintosh
Scripting and Automation
Updates and Releases
- appleloops 3.1.4
- Swift Playgrounds Now Available on Mac – Apple Developer
- Jamf Pro 10.19
- GitHub CLI is now in beta – The GitHub Blog
- Munki 4.1.0
- It’s Always DNS – MacAdmins Podcast
- Dream On – Command Control Power
- Going Technical on Identity – Jamf After Dark
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!