Another slow-ish news week for MacAdmins. At least what we can talk about. 10.15.4 beta 2 (and iOS 13.4. beta 2 and related) dropped this week. As the last few “Spring Updates” this update has new “features” that will affect managed deployments. You should be using your AppleSeed for IT accounts and start testing the impact on your environment.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Nathaniel Strauss: “10.15.4 beta 2 includes new kext deprecation notices. Occurs every 30 days even if kexts are MDM approved. File feedback! Apple: We are obsessed with the end user experience Also Apple: Recurring notices about software installed by IT with text you don’t understand. ”
Bugs and Security
- DigiCert’s Position on 1-Year TLS SSL Certificates (via Jason Broccardo)Support and HowTos
- Why privileged commands may never be allowed – Howard Oakley
- MacOS Performance Monitoring: Collection – cmdSecurity
- Backing up a Jamf Pro database hosted in Amazon Web Services’ RDS service to an S3 bucket – Rich Trouton
Scripting and Automation
Updates and Releases
There are no ads on my webpage or this newsletter. If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!