Quiet week… There was Labour Day in the US. Hope you all had a great and quiet week-end! I have also been distracted preparing my presentation for MacSysAdmin 2021.
Apple did announce their first event since WWDC for next week Sep 14! I guess everyone is holding their breath for this.
The Fusion of Apple MDM, Identity, Patching & Security.
Mosyle Fuse is the first and only product to bring a perfect blend of an Enterprise-grade MDM, an innovative solution for macOS Identity Management, automated application installation and patching, and purpose-built multi-layer endpoint security, all specially designed for Apple devices used at work at a price point that’s almost unexplainable.
Click here to learn more!
With the event next week, the release of the next major Apple OS upgrades is imminent and the beta season is coming to a close. (Though, not really. Apple will continue to release betas of the updates through out the year, some of which will add more new features, and Apple admins will should keep testing and filing feedback continously.) This year was a strange beta season, with a three week break in macOS releases, and an even longer break in Xcode releases. It will be interesting to see how this reflects in the timing of the releases. Remember, last year macOS 11 was not released until November.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
macOS 12 Monterey and iOS 15
Security and Privacy
- Change home directory and bypass TCC aka CVE-2020-27937 – Wojciech Reguła
- Security Researchers Unhappy With Apple’s Bug Bounty Program – Michael Tsai
Support and HowTos
- Explainer: macOS scheduled background activities – Howard Oakley
- Why You Should Keep Your Apple Operating Systems Up to Date – Kandji Blog
- Jamf Nation and Jamf Account for Apple Administrators Community – Tiffany Schultz, Jamf Blog
Scripting and Automation
- carlashley/meecxprofile: MCX To Profile re-imagined in Python 3
- mvdbent/CIS-Script: report and remediate
Updates and Releases
- Jamf Pro 10.32 (Monterey and iOS 15 features)
- Nudge 1.1.1
- VMware Fusion for M1 Macs Now Available as Private Tech Preview – Joe Rossignol, MacRumors
- Technical Therapist — Command-Control-Power
- BBEdit 14: It wasn’t just about the money – Mac Admins Podcast
- Here Comes JNUC 2021 – Jamf After Dark
Just for Fun
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!