After a few weeks of releases, this week was a bit quieter. Still a nice selection of posts and articles, thanks to all the authors who share their experience.
The only Apple Unified Platform for Business
Mosyle is the only solution that fully integrates Enhanced MDM, Endpoint Security, Internet Privacy & Security, Single Sign-On, and Application Management on a single Apple-only platform.
Click here to learn why Mosyle is all you need to work with Apple.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
📰News and Opinion
- On Not Taking Money for NetNewsWire – Brent Simmons
- M1 Mac Linux 6.2 support for Apple silicon – Ben Lovejoy, 9to5Mac
⚙️macOS and iOS Updates
🔐Security and Privacy
- Where there is love, there is …malware? – Patrick Wardle, Objective-See
- The 5 most dangerous cyberthreats facing businesses this year – Mark Stockley, Malwarebytes Labs
- Mac & Windows owners have to contend with different kinds of malware – Amber Neely, AppleInsider
🔨Support and HowTos
- Deploying Nudge: Customised! – Robin Laurén
- Secure Boot and disaster recovery for Apple silicon Macs – Howard Oakley
- “Origin checking failed … does not match any trusted origins” CSRF errors in Crypt Server – Alan Siu
- How to get the Trash working properly – Howard Oakley
🤖Scripting and Automation
- sips: Scriptable image processing system – Simon Willison
- Scripting User Deferrals with SwiftDialog – Trevor Sysock
- Tinkering with automation. Respond to an end user disabling Gatekeeper – skartek.dev
- Automatically Renaming Computers using a Package in Jamf Pro – Anthony Reimer
- Dealing with leftover Zoom tabs in the browser – Brett Terpstra
- Avoid Unicode Mangling in Jamf with shef – Joel Bruner
♻️Updates and Releases
- Sloth 3.2
- Twocanoes DFU Blaster 2.1 (video, Blog post by Kevin M. Cox)
- super v3.0-b8
- Jamf Pro 10.44.0 (video)
- Baseline v0.5.2-Beta
- The Joe Penalty Box System — Command-Control-Power
- Application Vulnerability Testing – Mac Admins Podcast
- Where did the name Meeting Owl come from? – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
- Employee Resource Groups – Jamf After Dark
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!