The year is already half over. Summer is in full swing in the northern hemisphere. Nevertheless, MacAdmins everywhere are very busy publishing their wonderful work, in blog posts, GitHub repos, and at conferences and meetings. Several interesting posts and updates this week, thank you all!
The only Apple Unified Platform for Business
Mosyle is the only solution that fully integrates Enhanced MDM, Endpoint Security, Internet Privacy & Security, Single Sign-On, and Application Management on a single Apple-only platform.
Click here to learn why Mosyle is all you need to work with Apple.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
News and Opinion
- The risks of relying on Generative AI when writing scripts – Graham Gilbert (My thoughts)
- MacDevOps YVR 2023 conference recap – Andrea Pepper, SimpleMDM
Security and Privacy
Support and HowTos
- Booting into macOS Recovery in UTM on Apple Silicon Macs – Rich Trouton
- Use Jamf Pro to Deploy iOS App to Mac with Apple Silicon – HCS Technology Group
- How to Setup a Federated Connection to Apple Business Manager – HCS Technology Group
- How to Setup and Use 1Password for Two-Factor Authentication – HCS Technology Group
- Manually triggering MDM profile renewal with Jamf Pro – Rich Trouton
- Jamf Connect and interrupted authentications in Azure AD Sign-in Logs – Frederick Abeloos
- Baseline: How to Deploy With Your MDM – Trevor Sysock
- Jamf Connect and Offline MFA – Frederick Abeloos
Scripting and Automation
- ehemmete/mountshare: A Swift command line tool to mount network shares
- Advanced macOS Commands – saurabhs.org
- almenscorner/intune-uploader: Set of AutoPkg processors for uploading to Intune
- Monitoring and killing smbd – Eric Hemmeter
Updates and Releases
- Script2Pkg 1.1.0
- Munki 6.3.2 (notarized)
- erase-install 30.0
- macOS Security Compliance Project, updated Guidance revisions
- Mist 0.9
- Vision Pro Panel with Bryson & Rich – Mac Admins Podcast
- Best of CCP 257: Interview With Lucas Acosta, CEO of Foojee Consultants in Atlanta, Georgia – Command-Control-Power
- What’s new for Apple IT admins? – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
Just for Fun
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!