Happy Friday 13!
Also, this is or was the week where all the remote work emergency planning was put into reality. In Europe and America, many countries, companies, schools, and other organisations are sending employees and students to remote work or studies. Games, conferences, concerts, and parties are being canceled. All in an effort to slow down the rate of contagion
This is an exceptional situation on so many levels. Everyone, be safe!
When, because of ‘social distancing,’ ‘self-isolation,’ or straight quarantine, you find yourself with extra time, maybe buy and read one of my books!
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
Coronavirus and Remote Work
- Top 10 tips for updating Business Continuity Plans for Coronavirus – Dr Logic
- Victor (groob): “I’m a big advocate for remote work, but I doubt we’ll see many positive outcomes in this scenario. – many are going to be sick. – childcare will eat up a lot of time. – employers that weren’t already offering remote are not prepared. Remote work requires a lot of planning.”
- Preparing Your Organization for a Possible COVID–19 Quarantine – HCS Technology Group
- MacAD.UK – Coronavirus Update
News and Opinion
- Kuo expects first ARM Macs as soon as Q4 2020, major MacBook chassis redesign coming in 2021 – Benjamin Mayo, 9to5Mac
MacAdmins on Twitter
- Rene Ritchie: “NB: Apple’s Mac computers are unaffected by this latest Intel CSME security flaw. FileVault doesn’t use any Intel security features and T2 Macs exclusively use T2.” (ArsTechnica article)
- Tim Perfitt: “MDS 3.0 is going to be rad. https://t.co/Elmq6LwiWN”
- Tim Perfitt: “Did you know that if you turn on Content Caching in System Preferences, a new tab is available in Activity Monitor?”
Bugs and Security
Support and HowTos
- Best Practices for Managing your Apple ID – HCS Technology Group
- Jamf Pro Kubernetes Reference Build – Ben Toms
- IT Onboarding Best Practices – Megan Anderson, JumpCloud
- Simplifying Device Retirement and Refresh – Sam Weiss, Jamf Blog
- Guide for Apple IT: Zero Touch Deployment for Mac – Kandji Blog
Scripting and Automation
- macos-scripts/office-macro-security (script to disable or restrict MS Office macros)
- How to clean your Apple products (Updated with new information, via Tim Parker)
- iPad Air (3rd generation) Program for Blank Screen Issue (via 512 Pixels)
Updates and Releases
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
- Weekly Email Newsletter (TinyLetter)
- Apple News
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!