Release week! We got the macOS 13.4, iOS 16.5 updates (and the other platforms, too, of course). It wasn’t released until yesterday, with another round of release candidates earlier this week. As usual, you can find all the relevant links in this summary.
(Sponsor: vast limits)
Provide productive AND secure digital employee experiences
uberAgent is an innovative digital employee experience monitoring and endpoint security analytics product for macOS and Windows. uberAgent helps enterprise IT provide fast, reliable, and secure devices & applications that boost employee productivity while strengthening cybersecurity. Try for yourself and get your free 100-user community license at uberagent.com.
WWDC is not the only conference coming up. MacAD.uk in Brighton, UK is next week. MacDevOps YVR will be in Vancouver, Canada, later in June and PSU MacAdmins Conference in July. After the summer we will have JamfNation User Conference in Austin, Texas in September and MacSysAdmin in Göteborg, Sweden in October.
The MacAdmins Foundation has established a new grant for conference attendance for those who cannot otherwise attend. The deadline for applications is May 28. You will find details on their page.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
macOS Ventura 13.4 and iOS 16.5
- macOS Ventura 13.4 (22F66): About, Enterprise, Developer Release Notes, Security
- macOS Monterey 12.6.6 (21G646): Security
- macOS Big Sur 11.7.7 (20G1345): Security
iOS and iPadOS
- iOS 16.5: About, Enterprise
- iPadOS 16.5: About, Enterprise
- iOS and iPadOS 16.4: Developer Release Notes, Security
- iOS and iPadOS 15.7.6: Security
- watchOS 9.5: About, Security
- tvOS 16.5: About, Guide, Developer Release Notes, Security
- HomePod Software 16.4: About
- Xcode 14.3.1RC: Developer Downloads, Developer Release Notes
- Safari 16.5: Blog post, Developer Release Notes, Security
- Shortcuts: What’s new
- macOS Ventura 13.4 Update (22F66) What’s New? RIP seedutil… – Mr. Macintosh
- Apple has released updates to Ventura 13.4, Monterey 12.6.6 and Big Sur 11.7.7 – Howard Oakley
- Goodbye seedutil, hello Apple IDs – Nathaniel Strauss
- A look at how Apple is sharing RSR information in rollup security updates – Dr. K
- Craig Hockenberry: “To disable movie, PDF, and other useless previews, but still maintain the image on the icon, use this from Terminal:
$ defaults write com.apple.finder QLInlinePreviewMinimumSupportedSize -int 512Then relaunch the Finder.”
Support and HowTos
- Git, Github, and Version Control: What Apple Admins Need to Know – Matt Wilson, Kandji Blog
- When your Mac can’t get to the login window – Howard Oakley
- Setting user-level global preferences in a macOS configuration profile – Rich Trouton
Scripting and Automation
Updates and Releases
- Just Us – Mac Admins Podcast
- JumpCloud simplifies Google Workspace deployments – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
Just for Fun
- Coding with Character – Doug Wilson
- Introducing the 2023 Automation April Shortcuts Contest Winners – John Voorhees, MacStories
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!