Less than two weeks until WWDC. The keynote will be on June 5, as usual at 10am PDT.
(Sponsor: vast limits)
Provide productive AND secure digital employee experiences
uberAgent is an innovative digital employee experience monitoring and endpoint security analytics product for macOS and Windows. uberAgent helps enterprise IT provide fast, reliable, and secure devices & applications that boost employee productivity while strengthening cybersecurity. Try for yourself and get your free 100-user community license at uberagent.com.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
Running any blog for twenty years is an amazing achievement, let alone one that has had so much positive impact on the MacAdmins community. DerFlounder was one of the inspirations for me to start my own blog, a mere 12.5 years ago. Congratulations, Rich!
News and Opinion
- Level Up Security Knowledge with Jamf 170 – kschuler, Jamf Tech Thoughts
- Old Macs and Activation Lock – Michael Tsai
- Time: a Social Construct? Part 2 – Pam Lefkowitz, Radical Admin Blog, JumpCloud
Security and Privacy
Support and HowTos
- Are macOS updates getting larger? – Howard Oakley
- Downloading installer packages from Jamf Pro when no other options are available – Rich Trouton
- Detecting LLM-Generated Code – Charles Edge
Scripting and Automation
- PowerShell for the Mac Admin, Part 6: Get in. Get out. Quit messing about – Charles Mangin, Radical Admin Blog, JumpCloud
- App Auto-Patch – Rob J. Schroeder
Updates and Releases
- swiftDialog 2.2
- MDS5 (Video)
- Addigy’s New MDM Watchdog Utility: How to Resolve MDM Issues with macOS – Addigy
- Setup Your Mac (1.11.0) (Blog post)
- XCredsWithAD – Twocanoes, YouTube
- May 2023, MacAdmins Meeting Archived Presentations and Slides Online – Marriott Library, Apple Infrastructure
- Peter Borg – Mac Admins Podcast
- Do that Hudu that you do so well — Command-Control-Power
- Bridging the SaaS app security gap on macOS – Apple @ Work Podcast, 9to5Mac
- Identity crisis featuring Alec Muffett – Lock and Code, Malwarebytes Labs
Just for Fun
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!