September! Summer is winding down and we are looking down the season of Apple events. It starts next week Wednesday with an event that Apple labeled “Far Out.”
The only Apple Unified Platform for Business
Mosyle is the only solution that fully integrates Enhanced MDM, Endpoint Security, Internet Privacy & Security, Single Sign-On, and Application Management on a single Apple-only platform.
Click here to learn why Mosyle is all you need to work with Apple.
We did get a few interesting releases this week, such as TwoCanoes Xcreds 2 and a new Munki 6 beta. But mostly it seems everyone is either just returning from summer vacation or holding their breath for next week.
The Fall conference is getting close with JNUC (hybrid), MacSysAdmin (online) and Objective-by-the-Sea (in-person) coming up and MacAD.UK has opened the registration for their event next spring. You can always see all conferences on my overview page.
If you would rather get the weekly newsletter by email, you can subscribe to the Scripting OS X Weekly Newsletter here!! (Same content, delivered to your Inbox once a week.)
News and Opinion
- Apple Launches New Education Community with Expanded Teaching Resources, New Forum for Educators – Kristal Kuykendall, The Journal
- T‑Mobile and Apple Join Forces to Make IT Easy for Small Businesses – T‑Mobile Newsroom
- Xcode Cloud subscriptions now available – Apple Developer
macOS and iOS Updates
- Security content of iOS 12.5.6
- Apple releases security update for iPhones and iPads to address vulnerability – Pieter Arntz, Malwarebytes Labs
Security and Privacy
Support and HowTos
- Apple Business Essentials Tutorials – Apple Training
- 3 Ways to Clear System Data Storage on Mac – JumpCloud
Scripting and Automation
- Jamf binary self-heal via Terminal – Dan K. Snelson
- Azure Management tip for PowerShell on MacOS – John C. Welch
Updates and Releases
If you are enjoying what you are reading here, please spread the word and recommend it to another Mac Admin!
If you want to support me and this website even further, then consider buying one (or all) of my books. It’s like a subscription fee, but you also get a useful book or two extra!